Saturday, October 07, 2006

AN APPLE A DAY.....


Recently, I received a 911 call from a lady inquiring about our non-emergency phone number. Yes, she called 911 because, as she stated "I didnt know how to look up your non-emergency phone number". So , it was a slow Sunday morning and I decided to spend some quality time with her (we have a queue system where I can watch for other incoming 911 calls). I learned from her that the police department had been called out to her home the night before as she had caught someone toilet-papering her front and back yard. She was a bit disappointed as we didnt stay long enough to ensure the complete removal of tissue and wanted to know if we could call the 'suspects' back over to finish the clean up.

I presumptiously told her that, as a parent of teens myself, I would have my teens and their 'friends' work out a cleaning arrangement and that was not cause to tie up a law enforecement officer. She rebutted these were not kids, these were adults. The lady was then prompted to tell me if she knew who they were and she responded, "Yes, they are 25 year old women who teach at the same school I teach".

I ended the conversation. I figured if a teacher didnt know what an emergency was nor how to look up the local phone number for her police department, I didnt want to know any more aboout her! I really, really NEED to be in church on Sunday morning.