Sunday, January 14, 2007

AIN'T YOUR MOMMA'S BISCUITS...


THEY ARE YOUR GRAN-MOMMAS!
In the event George Clooney's name shows up on our Caller ID and I come home to an empty house, I want the ladies to know I can sustain myself. Actually, the photo of my homemade from scratch biscuits is a tribute to Teri's grandma, Elsie Mae, who we lost last April 1st. As you can see in the background, Grandma Harpster's Hargill, Tx cookbook has been used and abused, especially the biscuit page. There is little doubt that America's proliferation of heart disease started on pg 9 of this cookbook as for one dozen of these golden beauties requires 5 tablespoons of Crisco. I love a recipe that tells me to cook them at 425 degrees, but does not give me the amount of time required, definitely not a male cook's cookbook.....and these cardiac cakes were soooo good with the crockpot bratwurst potater soup on a night where temps were hovering around 5 degrees.....