Sunday, September 16, 2007

ENLIGHTENING....

No one would ever say I am a very 'deep' person. As a matter of fact, I think of myself as simple-minded and never much of a historian, philosopher, educator nor reader. But, interestingly enough, I am finishing up my 2nd back-to-back book. Yuppers, I am on pace to read 2 books this year ( watch out, the library shelves will be running low soon). My current passion is looking at the radical Christianity movement, mostly inspired by the church we attend. The first book I finished was Love Jesus, Hate Church-- a critical look by a pastor on how most churches are simply what Jesus did not intend for them to be--a church we have made- our own creation.

The next read Irresistible Revolution in many ways parallels the first book, but looks at a case study of living life as Jesus did, not merely reading about it. They started out as a s small group of followers focusing on the poor in Philadelphia and now are worldly renown for their efforts, all simply as Jesus did-a grass root movement. Quit talking, start doing-- a message we here repeated every Sunday.

There are many great quotes that I will probably just share on this blog that I believe are an inspiration for my slow to change ways, but none the less, point my heart in God's direction. Today's favorite "There is enough for everyone's need but not enough for everyone's greed"--Gandhi.

Until next time....