Monday, September 03, 2007

INBOUND- Metro






Ahhhh, downhill back to Arvada....if you click on the image, Denver metro skyline should be visible...




Cycling euphoria--steep downhill,
although image probably doesn't
do it justice...



Metro danger---cars! I try to stay on sidewalks as much as possible as distracted Denver drivers give me nightmares....



Yes, refreshment time in preparation
for Bad Boy 1 ...





Bad Boy 1....at the 22 mile mark,
the hill to the airport... moments that
make you wonder why you are doing
what you are doing....



Arriving, looking for Cameron
to give me a ride home...........




A nice surprise--a B-17 bomber open to the
public for Labor Day weekend....



"Clear to land, 29-er Right"...




Versus ?????....the 200 ft drop...this is the back side dam to Standley Lake..
Bad Boy 2 begins as the trek out is an elevation change of about 300 feet...
..not fun at the 26 mile mark...



If only one had a saddle, my struggle
would be over.......




At the crest, Standley Lake! Home stretch........



At the 31 mile mark, one simple question---
will my padded shorts float????????






Home sweet home...........



Steak, it's what's for dinner!!!

BIKE-O-METER

Distance: 33.3 miles
Pedal time: 2:40 mins
Away from home time:3:10 mins
Min speed: 6mph (48 yrs old/212 lbs/uphill)
Max speed:30 mph (same, downhill :)

FAT-O-METER

Start temp: 75
Finish temp: 87
Start weight:212 lbs
Finish weight:207.8 lbs
Calories burned:
2055

Thanks for joining me on this Labor Day journey....next time, I will put you in my side cart........