Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Dave's Top 10--2008 Challenges...



OK, just got done cleaning up the bathroom and ready to post my 2008 goals!

1) Change template on my Blog (so refreshing to check off a goal Day One of the New Year!)

2) "Rubber 1,609 K" exercise goal--or 1,000 miles--yes, my tennis shoe soles, bike tires, treadmill track and stationary bike pedals are involved! Why a 1,000-- that is the distance from Arvada, CO to Central Texas--our next and final stop and this thought will (might) keep me inspired. My specific goal is to avoid dress shirt size "Men's Triple Chin"...

3) Do something big for God--something I haven't done before and devoted to glorify Him. A couple of ideas stirring around in the brain He gave me...more to come and praying that my youngest teen son techno-guru will give me a hand..

4) Take a family airplane vacation. We missed one last year and it is always tough now to get Cameron's schedule to cooperate with ours.

5) Keep the Ebay biz going and shooting for 5 digit gross income. This supports items 3 and 4.

6) Home improvements---master bath flooring and living room entry way--upgrade this year so we can enjoy them before attempting to sell the house. Too often we make last minute remodel changes to sell the house versus to enjoy it.

7) Be a good neighbor. One thing that really influenced my heart this year through listening and reading is Jesus really intended to keep this all simple--love Him, love your neighbors and take care of the elderly, widows and orphans. So, for the Winter time at least, I have put this into play by snow shoveling our entire cul-de-sac sidewalk. Additionally, I shovel the driveways of my widow neighbor and the most elder couple at the end of the block. Most importantly, I try to do this in conjunction with Matthew 6:1 and go out when they are not around.

8) Help support Cameron's flying efforts and goals

9) Help support Austin's business adventure with ideas, solutions, financing, etc.

10)Buy Teri some tennis shoes (Dave's Top Nine didn't sound right).....

Off to work on #2....(not to go #2)......