Monday, December 31, 2007

2007 Resolution Results...



I guess I wasn't very serious after all, as I couldn't find my written list. I thought I had left it in my Outlook "notes" on the downstairs computer, but I guess Shelly ate them-- no where to be found. Now, that is the best excuse ever, is it not?

So, going from memory (which is becoming more difficult), let's traverse the past 365 days. I know for sure the one I accomplished because it it the one I miss the most -- I sold JAMES! Yup, the 1971 GMC Jimmy migrated to South Dakota on July 4th--freedom now to park my pickup in the garage--a great thing during Colorado Decembers.

The Texas land deal--well, it wasn't because of lack of effort on our part. $4,000 separated us for which, personally, I have regrets. God wanted to keep us here, so be it, we shall oblige. When it is 25 degrees outside, the winds blowing 25mph and there is a foot of snow on the ground (like it is at this very moment), I REALLY regret it. I would much rather shovel cow pies.

Weigh 205 pounds at year's end. Well, I have 9 hrs left to have a Guinness world record case of diarrhea and I will have met the challenge.

Here is where it gets vague. I believe I had a couple more challenges, but do not recall precisely what they were. So this where you list something that you surprisingly accomplished and pretend you listed it in January. For me, I read. Now compared to my wife, I am merely a literary apprentice. I believe she finished the Jefferson County library. At this very moment, she has FOUR books on her nightstand. I boastfully have a Bicycling magazine next to mine. But, I am serious about this one as is evidence by 4 different pairs of eyeglasses I now own. (Oh,there you go, that is another accomplishment-- I quadrupled my eye wear wardrobe). On the serious side, reading Irresistible Revolution I believe will be life changing. It was great to see my own copy underneath the Christmas tree last week and I will begin reading it again once Teri completes it.

So, that is the best my memory cells serve me. Now I am sure you are eagerly awaiting my 2008 goals and you will have to do just that. I am working on a (believable) strategy on how I also can misplace those next year, so hang on for 24 hours.

Off to the store for some Exlax and toilet paper....