Sunday, June 29, 2008

Accomplished!


Photo from the 1,000th mile!

Well, yet another 2008 resolution can be checked off the To Accomplish list. My goal to complete the "Rubber 1,609K" (translated: via bike, run and walk, total 1,000 miles) by December 31st this year was surpassed today at 2pm MST, exactly 1/2 way through the year. What I thought would equate to a trip from Denver to Austin, Tx., actually turned out to be a bit further south of the Texas capitol. If you scroll down to the bottom of this route, it shows a map indicating I would have ended up in Pleasanton, Texas.

So, with the year half way done, do I want to challenge my self to return back? Humm, after splattering on the concrete 3 weeks ago (one wrist 80% healed, the other still hurting at 60%), I am not too sure. To top it off today, at the 997th mile, my front tire went kapooey and my transport shuttle (Teri) had to come pick me up as I didn't have a spare on me. Came home, fixed it, and finished the ride.

Officially, 1001.7 miles on the bike-o-meter. On the weight-o-meter, FIVE POUNDS gained since the start of the year. Of course, all muscle-- of course...