Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Announcing the arrival of...

Great to have her back at our castle!

I arrived about 9a.m. to go retrieve our patient and she was pretty much set, all dressed back in her civilian clothes with nothing exposed. She stated the doctor had been in and all was set. Although she hadn't had her 'magical M&M moment', the nurse declared her bowels, through the stethoscope, sounded like they were just fine. THROUGH THE STETHOSCOPE?? My wife says mine are too loud and she is in another room. If ever there be a need for a nurse to listen to my bowels that closely, she is risking a perforated ear drum! I digress.

The doc commented that she will probably now fit into smaller clothes-wow! At the pre-op visit last Thursday, she said Teri's belly was the equivalent of a '5 month pregnancy'. In man-speak, a 12-pack a nite belly. I showed great restraint as I was tempted to rebut "maybe 3 months pregnancy, 2 months home-made ice cream maker". But I declare, seeing in her in her capris, it is ALL gone! This is a great deal--a C-section where they found no baby, a tummy tuck without the price--I love health insurance.

So, I went down to the hospital pharmacy and got her Percoset. We then headed home and she requested we swing by the liquid pharmacy, so a Starbucks pumpkin spice accompanied us the rest of the way home.

She is at home resting comfortable enjoying catching up on the 900 pending emails. I told her to enjoy today as the "100 daily sit ups" program starts tomorrow!

Got to go and plan dinner, now that will be an adventure...

Til next time...