Saturday, October 11, 2008

SatHERday...

Teri continues to move forward and is feeling quite well, hooray! ONLY 5 more weeks of recovery.

AND FOR THE SKEPTICS....



last night's gut enhancer.....this boy can read and follow a recipe.....being married for 22 years, following instructions comes naturally.....


I was reflecting today and was left curious this week when Teri was in the hospital. It seems like the two most important concerns prior to dismissal from the hospital were 1) Have you passed gas? 2) How is your bladder output? So, are 'bad' and 'good' the only way to measure these? I mean you can't just say "my temperature is good" or "my blood pressure feels fine" and you are good to be released--there is always some medical measuring device that confirms what you are feeling, is there not?

Well lo and behold, as the lovely wife was in Percoset heaven today, Homer Homemaker discovered those measuring devices of which she had not revealed to me--yes, testing apparatus do indeed exist--see the pictures!
Gasometer


Bladometer

Well, me being the curious one, had to perform some health testing. The gasometer was fairly simple to figure out how to use, but I just found it perplexing the tubular end would be shaped more like a mouthpiece--why couldn't they go 'round'? Anyway, after experiencing some discomfort at the point of entry, I knew the value of an important seal and adjusted appropriately. There was a "2,500" mark on the container, so I knew that was my target. After several cups of coffee and some chocolate chip cookies, I was quite confident in my potential. I rared back and uncorked a THIRTY TWO HUNDRED---Olympic gold!

The bladometer was much more comfortable to use. It looked like the scoring range was anywhere between 100 and 900. Looking at the top, it had some smaller 'pop-up' ports, clearly for youth testing. I removed the entire top and poured out an "800". Clearly, caffeine had great value with both testing instruments. I declared myself healthy and remain ever so fond of home health care!

The sofa princess awoke and I was anxious to share my discovery and results. To my surprise and devestation, she stated I had used her lung strength meter and her water jug--Y I K E S. But as one who is forever prepared, I got out the alcohol towelettes from the first aid kit---couple of swabs-- they are good to go again!

Tonite's Meal...

My cupcake apron makes me look like I have a 5 month pregnant uterus....

Breakfast pizza, before......


After....and between the 3 of us, ALL GONE (dog did not participate)!


Teri's mom arrived into town...Kelli, Dan, Brynn also stopped in bearing a gift...



Well, I am running low on blog fodder (don't be yelling Hallelujah), so I am going in for 8hrs of overtime tomorrow at the 911 center and am entrusting Teri's care to our 17 year old, now those could be some anxious moments....