Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Yikes

Not trying to gain sympathy, but one week after my 2nd bike Fall this season, I officially have "old people" bruising--the kind that keeps spreading--what is up with that?? But I still do have all the hair on my legs, so not THAT old..

Yup, at the 29.5 mile mark of a 30 mile ride I was cycling up behind an older lady (the kind that gets bruises like mine) walking her dog. I announced my presence with my trusty Power Ranger bell and she made eye contact with me and reeled her pup in. As I approached, I saw she still had slack in the leash and her dog proceeded to venture out in front of me. So off the sidewalk I went and when I tried to get back on it, my front wheel got sideways with the sidewalk and once again this 220 pound projectile went over my bike, striking my leg against my frame. I rolled across the sidewalk and down a hill about 10 feet headed toward a ditch before coming to a rest.

Well, the kind old soul came up to make sure I was OK and then announced "on the Olympic scoring system, I would give your fall about an "8". I then quickly calculated the prison term for Assault on the Elderly and Animal Cruelty and decided it wasn't worth it...

And my Power Ranger bell-- destroyed :(

Til next time...